Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Redefining Cool

I'm constantly surprised
By how many people think
Getting away with something
Is smart.
Making a promise and not keeping it
Means nothing.
Being rude is cool.
That gentleness is a weakness.
That kindness means open to exploitation.
That being nice is being foolish.
That to be truly successful
Is to be selfish not self-full
To Always watch your back
To plan and plot and scheme
Not just to build your own empire
But to profit at another's expense
So they can get to the top faster.

What is this top that everyone is after?
If the journey involves
Piling up so much negative Karma
How can the destination grant happiness?

I want a different kind of journey.
The kind of journey that puts
Joy right in the middle of it.
I'm starting to see how once this happens
I don't seem to care too much about the destination.
The only certain destination I have is death.
While I'm on my way there
I want to go alive, punching, kicking
Laughing & crying
But feeling like I've lived my life
While I still had the chance.
That's the kind of cool I'm after.

a*k²




No comments:

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...