Friday, May 15, 2020

Darkness & Light

Why is darkness bad and light good?
Where did this thought originate?
Who made the final decision?

Even if light were good,
It's the darkness that makes me appreciate light?
Without a parallel to compare, I'd be in the dark?

I forgot that it's in embracing my shadow
That I could expand the light within myself.
It's when I accepted the dark, that I found the light.
Because I can't work with what is already light to grow,
It's only the darkness that I can transform into more light.

Even if we assume that the journey is 
From darkness to light, I now want to 
Give darkness it's true credit.
Because whether I admit it or not
The darkness exists. 
Running away from the shadow is way easier yes
But I find it only perpetuates the darkness in the long term.
Facing it and working with it, I can find the light.

Is this why I have a shadow in sunlight?
To remind me of the companion
As nothing to run away from but to proactively heal?
To experience the pain deeply, process and release?
Is this why when the shadow disappears,
It's night that is the ultimate darkness?

Maybe I'll find the answers to these questions
Maybe I won't. One thing's for sure 
I'm not running anymore. I accept all of me.
Darkness & Light.

a*k²

No comments:

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...