Thursday, March 26, 2020

Him

He's my friend
Who turned into a best friend
And then turned into a life partner
And the transition was so smooth
And organic that it's meant to be.
Something solid built with mutual care
Over a period of time.

Someone who has always been a good man.
Someone who has an open heart
Strong, kind and compassionate.
Believes in spirituality or himself
Religion or a higher power or Karma
Universe or God or Destiny
That motivates him to do good in the world.
The means are irrelevant, the end matters.

His happiness comes from within
From the life he has lived
And from the life he is planning for himself
And his romantic partner.
He intended for her to be his other half.
And that was that.
They're a unit, a team,
They're family.
In an equal partnership
They supported each other
In becoming the best versions of themselves.

Like a mountain
Steady, stable, secure.
Self-full, responsible.
Someone I'd want to talk to
Someone I'd want to share
My deepest fears with.
Someone I can trust
Someone I'd choose and he'd choose
To co-create the rest of our lives with.

Someone who is worthy
Of the kind of love I have to offer.
Someone who has character and integrity.
More than anything else
Someone who I respect
For the man he is.

a*k²

No comments:

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...