Friday, May 8, 2020

My Marriage

I wasn't born so I could be married one day.
I'd rather amount to nothing on my own
Than be something only because I married.  
That is not the life I choose for me.

I don't have anything against marriage
I think the irony is that I'm too for it.
I'm in it for the loyalty, the commitment
The affection, the love, the partnership.

I cannot and will not marry
For the sake of being married. 
That's just not who I am
And that's just not something I can do.

When I decide to marry
It will be with a man who is my match.
Someone who I respect, who respects me
And we're mutually able to visualize a future together.

Someone who inspires me
To be the best version of me
Bolstering my strength when I fail
This I will do for him too.

We are great at being independent
We take responsibility for our own happiness.
Life is just more fun together than apart
Learning new things and conquering life's challenges.

Inspired by the line in the poem by Bianca Sparacino
He'll be my safe place and my biggest adventure
As I will be his. We will create our future together
As equals brought together by Destiny for good karma.

a*k²  

No comments:

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...