Friday, February 28, 2020

You make me smile!

Don't know how you do it
But you make me smile.
That childlike smile.

I love it when you try so hard
To impress me. 
Or how you try to get my attention!
Every minute I spend with you
I breathe deeper.
Knowing that you are in my life
I sleep sounder.
Your undivided attention for me
Makes my heart beat softer.
With you next to me
I walk slower.
Dancing with you
My footstep's gotten lighter.

I savor life
Like I've never allowed myself to before.
My mind feels at rest
Like it's in a safe place.
When anything happens
You're the first person I want to tell!
Before I call, you do
Before I text, you do.

I've always fared better solo
I value my freedom above all else. 
But with you, it's different.
With you, I feel freer.
Like you'll always have my back
Like I have yours.

I've often thought that 
I'd choose to die a spinster
Loyal to the end 
To the man of my dreams
I'd never meet.
I didn't think 
Someone like you existed
But now that I know you do
I don't know what to do!

Don't know how you do it
But you make me smile.
That childlike smile.

a*k²



No comments:

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...