Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Strength My Own

I don't understand my need to be a rebel
To the point of being a rebel without a cause sometimes.
Or is there no cause? Really?
I believe a person's individuality is extremely important
To have the courage to stay true to oneself
To not lose myself in something just because
Everyone else is doing it.
I will not do anything just for the sake of fitting in
Not until I want to do it for myself.
That's the only way I will honor myself,
And any other opportunity, person or situation I maybe associated to.
I live life on my own terms
And refuse to give up on it for anything else.
Idealism may not have a place in the world
But it's the center of my world.
I refuse to let myself be mediocre
And accept mediocrity from others
Thereby not helping them but preventing them
From discovering what they're capable of-
What they can be really.
What if it's not a losing battle that I'm fighting?
What if it's the only way I know how to live?
I choose not to be destroyed
The last samurai or not
I choose to stand up for what I believe in.

No comments:

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...