Wednesday, July 11, 2007

THE REAL ME

You think you know me?
Guess again.
For what you see is what i show you,
Not what i really am
Not the real me.

You see my evergreen smile,
You witness my laugh.
You think i am happy
Well, think again.
You are in for a surprise,
Or should i say disappointment?

You think you understand me,
You do, my superficial self.
You have no idea what's going on
In the inside of my head.
What worries me?
What doesn't?
You couldn't have a clue to that!

I am a mystery,
That you can unravel only when i choose
To disclose myself.
I may sound complicated,
But i am just a little girl at heart;
Sensitive and diffident,
Scared of the harsh world
Ready to give and receive love.

Dated 19/5/05

2 comments:

Ezhil Nila said...

hey arch...
good to c that u ve posted ur poems on de web... r these de ones u wrote during de last 3 yrs or r u writin them now... i dunno much about poetry but its nice to read wat u ve written.....!

Ripesh said...

This is a touching poem.

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...