Saturday, April 9, 2011

What's the line?

What's the line that separates
Dreams from reality?
What's the line that does not give you what you want
When you want it?
What's the line that sometimes gives you
More than your due
And yet at others takes away what you most need?
Who keeps this balance?
When should I persevere or more importantly
When should I give up?
Where's the point where I should just
Cut my losses and move on?

I've come to realize that life is one long continuous journey.
I cannot identify independent points in it
And make demands of it at those points.
Who comes into my life and when they leave
Are not things in my complete control.
A few were only meant to be temporary
To stay to teach me something before we moved on.
Just because I want something I'm not going to get it right away.
The alternative corollary is true too.
Just because I don't want something
It's not going to go away.

I'm tired of the fighting
The struggle is getting to me.
I give up and let go
To go with the flow.
Destiny take me I trust you.
I trust you to take me home.

Archie


Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...