Friday, January 28, 2011

Being Single

I've been single for most of my life
But I learnt to appreciate being single only recently.
The grass is always greener on the other side they say
But now I'm convinced the grass is greener on my side.

I live for myself, I do what I want.
I am happy no matter what happens
Because I take full responsibility for my life
There is no one to blame.

I feel no need to seek approval
Or validation from someone outside of me.
I don't have to seek permission
To do things that make me happy.

I feel beautiful because I'm me,
I'm not afraid to be me.
I don't have to conform to another person's standards
Nor aspire to match their expectations.
I have my goals and my dreams
And I trust myself to accomplish them.

I don't feel taken for granted,
My feelings, opinions and actions
Are not controlled by someone else.
I'm not afraid of anyone,
I do not have to worry about mind games.

My life is mine own to build or destroy
And I have chosen to create a beautiful masterpiece.
Please let me be single,
Please let me be me.

4 comments:

Harini said...

:) Enjoy this phase. You'll of course be happy even if you aren't single in the future. And, that someone, who is going to share your happiness and joy will definitely not let you be single! :) xoxo!

a*k² said...

hehe thanks Harini! :D

Whuaat? said...

I know right. Even though I completely second your thoughts, I end up doing completely different. Get me? :\

Whuaat? said...

something*

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...