Friday, November 19, 2010

Come Find Me Please

On a park bench in Paris I sit
I can see the Eiffel Tower from here.
It's starting to get cold and
I begin to miss you.

Who are you? Where are you?
Will you be the person I want
Or the person I need?
Will you care for me or just let me be?

When I see couples go by
I wonder if you'd like to hold my hand.
Will you make me mad or calm me down?
Will I be able to count on you?
Will you protect me from the storm
Or should I weather it out on my own?

I've been alone for so long
I've begun to doubt and question
If I will ever belong to someone.
Will my wait be worth my while
Or am I just wasting my time?

As I sit on this park bench by myself
Will you come looking for me?
Come and take me home?

Archie
26 Oct, 2010

2 comments:

Akx said...

This reminds me of Way Back Into Love... have you heard it?

Harini said...

Archie, I've been having similar feelings for the past few weeks. It's different and difficult. And yes, there are days when you are not bothered about it too. Not quite sure which side of the emotion to trust! Sigh...

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...