Friday, November 28, 2008

Me Liberated

I have waited for the world
To give me protection.
I have waited all my life for that one sweet word.
But now, I change my mind.
I am my own protector.
I depend on me.
Destiny never meant for anyone
To care about me
Because it knew.
It knows that I can take care of myself.
I can stand up no matter
What challenge it is that life throws at me.
But there is still this lingering suspicion
In my mind.
Am I pushing people away?
Am I scared to let people in
Because I fear another let down or betrayal?
My inner self knows
That this allegation framed against me is true.
I do not wish to deny it either.
But if you care for someone
Won't you break down the wall
That they have built around themselves?
It's a little like people come
Understand that it will be difficult to get me to believe
And leave.
What's worse? They choose another
To take my place,
Like I do not even matter.
That does not deter me.
I depend on me.
I will face the world on my own.
Thanks anyway. ;)

Archie, dated 28 November, 2008

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
optimist said...

this is really good and liked all your blogs....infact i'm in a same kind of situation as u are even though i'm a guy....u gave me hope when i was hopelessly searching on net and typed "life" in google and which lead to ur blog....i wanna know how u are right now and please keep posting some more things for they are really good

optimist said...

hope u will mail me more....

optimist said...

well all your poems resemble the thoughts that are in my mind...you expressed what i want to tell those friends of mine who are unable to understand my feelings....thanks archana that u give me hope to face 2moro....please keep posting more...i wud like to even chat with u one day.....omkartheinvincible@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Very very "writing" the self :)
An urge to be understood, to be heard, to be acknowledged...
A coming of age?

Anonymous said...

hey,..archie..u r really good at writing..i have started writing very late in life,not the poems and articles but blogs..i don't know how i am at it.i want u to comment on it..http://vishmeminemyself.blogspot.com/

Change the filter!

The little boy complained to his Dad, "When I look up, I want to see the whole sky again Dad, Like remember when we were in the park...